Responsible for conceptual design and execution of creative deliverables for clients, using a wide breadth of skills within the Interior Design discipline. The role includes creating and communicating concepts, implementing and developing Design and Art solutions, balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills. The Interior Designer will demonstrate an ability to justify concepts to clients, consultants and project team members.
Interior Design or Architecture degree from an accredited university or equivalent demonstrated proficiency.
· Minimum five (5) years professional interior design experience with professional direct client contact experience or equivalent experience.
· Experience with Retail projects preferred.
· Strong knowledge of design process, including colour and materials, furniture systems, FF&E, and specifications.
· Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects.
· Advanced skills with AutoCAD, Sketch-up, InDesign and Photoshop is required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all clients and employees.
· Interacts well with Architecture and other disciplines in a manner that builds productive relationships.
· LEED accreditation preferred.
Retail Design Collaborative is a full-service architectural firm dedicated to making everyday places extraordinary and celebrating the retail realm as one of the focal points of human interaction. In a time when demographics, transportation, technology, and social behaviors are shifting consumer retail needs, we are also reimagining ourselves. We are retail thought leaders, leading the architectural industry in designing retail with longevity. Retail Design Collaborative is an award winning leader in the retail design and retail architecture industry. With over 37 years of experience designing the retail realm, our depth and excellence in all aspects of retail allow us to take a holistic approach when designing the retail experience. Throughout our history we have developed key client relationships and a deep understanding of the sea-changes that have historically altered the retail industry. Our seasoned staff and longevity in the industry informs our approach, bringing seasoned thought leadership to drive retail trends. As e-commerce rivals traditional brick-and-mortar, more emphasis is being placed on the human-scaled interaction of the retail environment. With the return to urban cores and changes in transportation, location and access of retail is drastically shifting from the traditional model. More and more retail is being integrated into mixed-use projects, encapsulating creative office, residential, hospitality and entertainment, to create a one-stop destination for consumers. Retail Design Collaborative is at the forefront of shaping the ever changing, all-encompassing, and fluid future of retail. Retail Design Collaborative has deep expertise in all aspects of the retail architecture market sector. We comprehensively look at retail, creating places that speak to landlord, tenant and consumers, ultimately developing places where people want to interact and shop. From designing malls, lifestyle and town centers, to working with tenants both large and small developing store plans, prototypes, and roll-out implementation, to repositioning existing retail, Retail Design Collaborative envisions all things retail. Our expertise reaches to all aspects the retail realm touches, be that entertainment, hotels, creative offices, or residential.